26 November 2011

Creative Interview : Ryoko Tamura

It's a warm welcome to Ryoko, who's originally from Japan and now works in Edinburgh, Scotland. She is currently trying to make it as a freelance artist but has no idea where to start or has no money. So, Ryoko's working as a Japanese translator in a call center style office.

Her first solo exhibition is coming up in January at a bar called The Outhouse and I can imagine how stressful that must be but wish Ryoko lots of success and happiness.  I look forward to going to see it!

It's an even bigger thank you to Ryoko with everything that's going and yet still has time to answer my questions!  Domo arigato Ryoko!
Websit
How would your friends describe you in five words
Funny, Independent, Gin, Always late.

Give me the names of 3 objects or things you dislike most and why
Dogs – Just no.
Windy days – worst thing ever, especially if you have to wait for a bus.
Council Tax – Why?
Website
Tell me about something you've achieved
I have paid my rent with art money.
Website
What’s your ideal working day
When I can concentrate and stay in the drawing mode for long enough to complete what I am supposed to do.
Website
Who influences you creatively
Absolutely anything, anyone who catches my eyes.

Are you usually late, early or right on time
Always fashionably late for everything. I know, I'm sorry.
Website
How do you start your day when you’re creating
I wake up, switch on my Mac, make coffee, have a cigarette, then check my e-mails.
Website
Where would you go in the world for inspiration
I would love to go to Cuba, (But for now walking around in Edinburgh is just as inspirational)

What piece of work are you most proud of
A piece called 'Piece of me'. Took me 3 mins to do when I was bored and became one of my favorite work.
Website

What would you like to develop further or learn to do
Learn how to draw in bigger scale, and also I would love to be better at Photoshop and Illustrator.

Ryoko's links -

Website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crowdfunder Clay.Coven Ceramics

Just a few more days to go to achieve their dream of bringing the creativity of clay to the local community. And as my lovely friend Tash sa...